You need a well thought out Guest Centre
A guest centre that works puts your best foot forward as a church. An effective guest centre has a few essentials:
- First you need a clear why? Why does the church have a guest centre? Engage guests in conversation? Collect information from guests? Giving out more information on the church?
- It is good practice to have volunteers on hand to answer any questions guests may have. Many times a guest would hang around the guest area hoping someone would say hello. Observe, observe, observe.
- Guests have to know you have a guest centre (usually an attended and well laid out table in some churches) Too many churches have had a guest centre for so long, they take it for granted everyone knows its available.
- It needs to be accessible, a guest centre tucked in a corner somewhere is not very effective. Determine optimum location by studying your ‘traffic flow’
- Encourage a visit to the guest centre by providing incentives, for instance something in exchange for a filled out guest card